Wednesday 28 December 2011

A Year in Retrospect

With the last grains of 2011 slowly trickle down the horglass, it is time to look back on a year of hobby.


And what a year it has been. I'll try to do this cronologically, but we'll just have to see...

January brought with it the realization that Dark Eldar were not for me. It's nothing to do with their playstyle, which I think I might enjoy, nor their aesthetics. I really like the way those wicked space-elves look. No, I just wasn't able to find a way of painting their thrice-accursed transports, that I was even remotely happy with.

February saw this blog born. It really just started as a place to post my rules discussions without having to shout down people at forums.

I also started my very own 40k campaign, down at the club. It aimed at offering something a little more competitive, that would allow the participants to field armies that would normally be frowned upon due to their lack of fluff. The campaign eventually petered out around summer, but achieved its purpose. More or less.

The rest of the first half of the year was spent in a haze of GW games. 40k, Fantasy and Blood Bowl games in abundance. Not much to add.

July saw something of a first for me, as I started WarmaHordes - the first game I've picked up that isn't GW, and kept playing. Leaving the GW safe zone has injected some much needed inspiration into my hobbying.

October was the month I joined the House of Paincakes. It got me some traffic, and has helped me keep going.

So, I started a blog, began playing a new game and have actually finished two armies. A good year. Of course, I've also almost stopped playing GW's games, so that tips the scales back towards 'balanced'.

Also, I'm expecting this post to bring my visit count over two thousand, so, you know, yay me.

So, that's that for now.

May your 2012 bring much gaming and no apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment