Monday 19 July 2021

Growing up KInda Sucks, Doesn't It? The Alternative Is Worse, Though.

 You really thought I was gone didn't you? Defunct, like the logo to the right? Or maybe just moved on to the new, away from the old text-based medium?

No such luck I'm afraid.

Okay, so, whimsical greeting out of the way, what on Earth am I doing back here? It's been five years since I posted, and a good eight since I did so with any regularity. Why come back now?

Short answer, I need something to write. I don't do that enough anymore. Don't read as much as I used to, either (not counting audiobooks here). So I guess I'll give this a spin again. No promises, no pressure, just...

Anyway.

It's been five years since I stopped writing about the hobby. It's been ten since I started. I was still living with my parents back when I started. Since then, I've moved twice, got married once, finished university, got a job and had a child. With a second child on the way, no less.

In short, I've grown up. Made a home, a family and an excuse for a career. Let's be clear, I wouldn't trade it. But it does take a lot of time away from the hobby. 

Even so, I'm still doing that, too; painting, modelling, playing games. Complaining about games. Complaining about models. Complaining about the companies that make said games and models. The club is still around - we've had somewhat less harsh lock-downs here in Sweden than in many other parts of the world, so it's still been possible to keep it going, though we've tried being responsible about it.

What I'm getting at is that, even though it hasn't been visible here, I've still been doing hobby stuff. And I feel it might be time to start writing it down again.

So what's the plan? Hazy, to say the least.

I mean, I could do a bit of a catch-up. I've done a lot of stuff in five years...

I could try to go into what I like and don't like about the systems I'm interested in, now that times have moved on and none of my old ramblings are relevant any longer.

I could even try to take pictures of some models I'm happy with. 

I don't know. It might be that this is the only post I'll make before once again sinking back under the surface. We'll see. I've at least opened the door now.

So...

Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment